Tuesday, February 2, 2016

I was just thinking about you. Artwork and events from Dec 2014 to October 2015.

The West Coast Dragon Logo is printed.  Sensei Osai took my drawing for the dragon and completed his vision for his Tang Soo Do School Logo.

"I was just thinking about you" Joshua Hoaglund Oil on wood 2014



This painting derives from sketch books in 2014. I have been working on some thought balloon type sketches in my books. I have posted some of these sketches in earlier posts. I wanted to work in some painted medium and this is the first painting combining sketches with wood, primer, enamel paint, and shellac. There is a plan for a series of these paintings in the works. The second one is on the way currently. I am going to try to keep it closer to the original and draw more directly on the wood before I start. So I will have no ink cartoon. The challenge is to keep the lines fresh. My daughter said she likes the ink sketch better. I took a break from this theme to work on the retrograde 2015 painting. (see that post which is coming soon)

Sedona Travel pics 2015.
Sitting on rocks feeling the vortex energy in Sedona AZ 2015

 Montezuma's castle national monument.


Upon return to Carlsbad CA, Mayari and I immediately did a Pee Wee's Playhouse Marathon on Netflix.



I made a surfing hand-plane, and tested it...it works.



No comments:

Post a Comment