Wednesday, January 14, 2015

April through December 2014 Inkings

Recap after the end of 2014. Looking back at some inked work I made from April -Dec 2014
I have been working on a graphic for my daughter's Tang Soo Do school. The West Coast Dragons.This is a finalized version, which has the two halves of the dragon's head mirrored using tracing paper.

The little dragon prototype herself.

                                      
First version Pencils 

Which lead to this inked version

Dragon warm-up sketches done directly with a brush.


These heads are buggers in my head. I keep drawing them then ink them out. I have taken the "I WAS JUST THINKING ABOUT YOU" one and transferred it to a painting on wood.









The Webcomic/Graphic Novel for The Adventures of Jack Maggot is still in progress. I have been making edits the the story, by adding pages in sections that I felt needed more emphasis. I wanted to slow down the introduction to Jack's first meeting with Underground, the garbage pile who holds Zombie Matt's intestine for ransom. Also I am working on character designs for a dominant female character in the story. I imagine her as a mix of a Bene Geserit reverened mother,with Medusa, and a Punk Feminist. Pretty much an eye opener of a character for Jack's adolescent skater dude bullshit. 

My desk area, pretty much a pit right at this point.





Below are some concept sketches Looking to flesh out a female lead role in The Adventures of Jack Maggot.


Mother Goddess Coatliuce






Some raw heads 





These are concept illustrations for various ideas






No comments:

Post a Comment