Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pin-ups

These are stained glass roundel panels inspired by emblematic imagery. I looked at a lot of imagery related to this in my career as a glass artist. I used these as learning panels where I usually practiced new techniques in glass painting.

I used some fused glass that I made in the borders.





The tiles are "bad girls" since one is smoking and the other is trailing a roll of toilet paper around.(top panel) I wanted to do a series of "bad boys" Then a series of "bad boys and girls". Then the plan was to do bad people maybe featuring 7 deadly sins in humorous ways.

This series would have been nice if it were a site specific piece, maybe in an entry way to a night club. These two studies are small and I still have them if anyone in interested in buying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment